Saturday, August 30, 2008

What have we but each other?

It is difficult for me to fathom the changes that have been taking place in my life lately. I have started (albeit half-heartedly) my senior year of college, and the events that have unfolded to get me to this place are completely different from what I expected. Rather than strutting triumphantly into one more year of academic conquests, I am tiptoeing in hoping that my professors will once again be merciful and that I will leave this place with at least part of my pride intact.

But really, that is not the change that I contemplate when I look upon these last weeks. All matters academic pale in comparison to the fact that on Sunday, my best beloved asked me if I would marry him.

[edited version]
So that's pretty sweet.

4 comments:

ldamoff said...

Ol' Robzy is pretty winsome ain't he? Your third paragraph makes me want to barf, but in the best, and cutest possible way. (Jane Austen novels have the same effect.)

But yeah, one of these days we'll be brother- and sister-in-law... kind of? Or maybe just roommates-in-law. I don't know how that all works, but it makes me glad.

love,
luke

ldamoff said...

Oh no! Bring it back! I liked it. Just because something makes me barf doesn't mean i don't like it.

(You're right though, it is pretty sweet!)

love,
luke

ldamoff said...

Noooo, gone forever? I feel like such a cad. Such a hind. Such a brigand (fiend, blackguard, rogue, rake, etc.)

Gagging over love is one of the noblest things! It's supposed to make us a little queasy, that's how we know its working!

Everything is ruined forever and its all my fault!

Also, thanks for liking my poem, if it will make you feel better i can delete the last stanza.

love,
luke

cair. said...

i think it's lovely that you're engaged. and it will make your senior year go terribly fast and terribly slow. good job for finishing. college is hard in more than one way.