Monday, June 9, 2008

truth we are all abiding in your will

It is storming right now- a glorious, satisfying storm with thunder and lightning and great sheets of rain pouring down. This is the best time to feel either lonely or loved, I think. Either you can be alone and a part of the storm in your solitude or with someone you love and completely sheltered from the elements by the affection of the other person. Perhaps there is some happy medium- being with a person in a storm and wrapped in their cherishing and yet still letting your soul be out in the rain and lightning. 
With that said, whenever it storms like this something in my soul compels me to go out into the wildness and join in the liquid dance, with the thunder as the beat. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Megs,
It's very true. I had that in-the-middle experience with the thunder and lightning across the Chicago sky last night. Elbows on the window sill with my love, like cats. Thanks for reminding me of it this morning. I think you're particularly wonderful.