Thursday, May 15, 2008

I heard from the trees a great parade

It is summer. Alleluia. 
So far, this summer has meant: spending time with wonderful people. being prompted to grow by someone with deep insight into my life. learning to love my roommates more and more. enjoying my parent's love and support. reading wonderful poetry and literature. struggling with my sinfulness. cooking good food. deciding to be grateful for work rather than resent it. being ok with letting those i love see my weakness. 
Joy. It's been about joy. So much so that my heart seems to be expanding moment by moment, which hurts and yet is glorious at the same time. It is wonderful to me how God works- mixing pain and joy together so inextricably that we should not know one without the other. I would have it no other way. 

No comments: